These last ten years or so stand witness to how green tea was rediscovered. Somehow, people are naturally interested of the benefits of green tea because health is a serious concern for virtually every person. They cannot be censured because that kind of information is something so truly exciting.
Drinking tea has been so profoundly and elaborately rooted in the culture and history of the Chinese. Such is what is gathered based on the recorded history of the Chinese about 3000 to 5000 years ago. That was when they have started drinking green tea. It is only recently that the world got wind of it. What counts is (despite the delay) that the benefits of green tea are now privy to everyone who is interested for health reasons.
One might ask what is so special about green tea that makes it such a fountain of health. Green tea has catechin polyphenols or specifically epigallocatechin-3-gallate (EGCG). Green tea has been a subject of many research and studies to substantiate claims. EGCG has been seen scientifically-proven to address many ailments.
What are those results that support the claims benefits of green tea to human health?
- Cancer cells can be suppressed or can be killed by EGCG.
- It is also capable of lowering unhealthy cholesterol or Low density Lipids (LDL) thus preventing ailments related to it such as heart diseases, coronary attacks and hypertension.
- It has several capacities such as: anti-bacterial, analgesic and anti-inflammatory properties. Hence, it can relieve pain ward off infection, tooth decay, acne and rheumatoid arthritis among others.
- EGCG is also noted for its anti-oxidant properties. It can therefore boost immune system as well as prevent wrinkles and early aging even of nerves.
- EGCG similarly has neuro-protective properties that can protect brain and spinal neurons against diseases like multiple sclerosis, Alzheimer’s and Parkinson’s. Aside from its anti-inflammatory property, it similarly contains flavonoid that can prevent neuronal injuries and certain enzymes that block certain protein from catalyzing reactions that lead to nerve damage.
It is also an efficient fat burner that is accomplished by speeding up fat utilization and overall metabolism. The fat is eliminated as a consequence of green tea reducing the cholesterol absorption.
These sound unbelievable, yet true. If you love your health, start drinking your green tea today.