Direct Action® is a manufacturer of military uniforms and equipment, such as the Direct Action Dragon Egg Tactical Backpack. It is called “tactical” because it is designed for military use and law enforcement operators, but it is not just that. The bag is also designed for everyday use because of its low-profile look. It does not really look like a tactical backpack. You can use it for fishing, hiking, and camping as well. If you are searching for a heavy-duty backpack that can carry your important essentials, like a 15” laptop, iPad, tablet, hydration bladder, etc, you can pick the Dragon Egg Tactical Backpack by Direct Action.
Why Dragon Egg Tactical Backpack is one of the latest crazes on the market today? Direct Action® has been pushing a fast-growing push into the US market. Without further ado, let’s get to know the features:
- Made of an impressive 100% Cordura® 500D heavy-duty raw material
Direct Action® uses 100% Cordura® 500D material for creating the Dragon Egg Tactical Backpack. Rest assured you will get a high-quality backpack that is heavy-duty, which can carry important belongings. Heavy materials can also be placed inside the backpack without compromising its quality. 15” laptop and other heavy gadgets can be carried along with clothes and it would still be intact and durable. Measuring 18.9 x 10.6 x 7.1 inches, it can carry long valuables, like laptop. Besides that, it can carry belongings weighing 25 liters.
- Useful paracord carry handle
DA included a paracord carry handle, which is very convenient to bring if your shoulders need a rest. Sometimes you need to remove the backpack and carry the bag like a suitcase. The comfortable paracord carry handle is located at the top of the bag.
- Patented Combat Vent System®
The Combat Vent System® is a patented ventilation system of the Direct Action®. It works by providing multiple air channels through its airy mesh material. It gives comfort and promotes air circulation. Made of contoured foam profiles, the Dragon Egg Tactical Backpack prevents sweating and heat build-up.
- Egg Shaped EDC Backpack
EDC means everyday carry backpack, just so you know. This 2-DAY tactical backpack is also considered an everyday backpack, especially for hiking, hunting, camping, fishing, etc. Since the backpack is inspired by the shape of an egg, the pack has smaller width and height than other bags with the same capacity. And for this matter, it gives more comfort when used with ballistic vests or belt kits.
- Practicable front pocket
The front pocket features a useful internal organizer for writing utensils, GPS, and some essentials. You can put anything in the pocket especially if you are on a rush. No need to open the zipper lock and put the essentials inside because the front pocket has an organizer that you can refer to.
PROS AND CONS
Now let’s talk about the advantages and disadvantages of the tactical backpack.
- It includes daisy chain webbing located at the front panel seam for placing carabineers.
- It includes side pockets; you can place a standard US Nalgene or canteen in them when unzipped.
- The style is laser-cut and is water-resistant.
- The suspension system is designed for comfortable shoulder straps.
- It has a padded sleeve for iPad or laptop.
- The waist belt is detachable.
- Made of 100% Cordura fabric for durability.
- A tent can be attached at the bottom with the buckles.
- Buckles are high-quality.
- Every waist belt and strap has keepers.
- One major drawback of the Dragon Egg Tactical Backpack is its shoulder straps. Direct Action® ensures that the backpack is made of high-quality materials for durability and longevity. They use thick pads for their straps. For a certain reviewer, the thick padding could be uncomfortable to wear for long period. He thought maybe the company could change the pads a little – making them softer for comfort and painless shoulders. But overall, the backpack is a top-notch!
Based on the customer reviews, Direct Action Dragon Egg Tactical Backpack is worth a buy. It has good reviews saying that it is a heavy-duty bag. It is not only for military but also for everyday carry bag. A reviewer mentioned that he bought the bag for many purposes– travel bag, diaper bag, hiking bag, and name it all. It lived up to his expectations. The backpack is very spacious that can carry a 13” Macbook, iPad, camera, baby stuff, snacks, foods and beverages and many more. The bag did not disappoint him.
In addition to the review stated above, another reviewer said that the bag is capable of loading heavy materials, like a tent. The tent can be attached at the bottom secured with its high-quality buckles. The side pockets could keep saws, axes, knives, etc. And on each side pocket, it has buckles that can secure the tools in. Zipper pulls are made of 550 paracord and as durable as a rubber. The zippers are made of high-quality material for durability.