Sadly, most people in America are going about their lives as if there is no disaster awaiting them. Sure, they may complain about the lack of jobs… but they still live day-by-day as if in a dream.
Many others have been warning for years… be prepared.
Karl Denninger, who forecasted the breakdown in stock markets a couple of weeks before the crash of 2008, says that all hell is now breaking loose.
Denninger has for years put forth mathematically undeniable empirical evidence that shows not only how unsustainable our system is, but the lunacy in the government’s purported solutions and response.
Our debt load is too high. Our production capacity has been decimated. Our GDP growth is negative and has been for a decade (if you look at the real data).
It may very well all be coming to a head.
It’s clear that stock markets world wide are in panic mode, and this will not bode well for investors, as Denninger recently suggested in a commentary.
Consider the implications of what led to the collapse of 2008, our failure to resolve the problem, the obscene debt we created in the last three years, and the economic disaster that is the American job market.
Many have been holding out hope that “they” will do something to keep everything from normal.
So if you haven’t spent the last two or three years preparing, then we’d recommend you get into high gear right now. Not tomorrow. Not next week. Now.
The world as we have come to know it, in one way or another, is going to crumble over coming years. It may happen overnight in a rapid waterfall collapse, or it may deteriorate over several years. Regardless of how it happens or exactly how long it takes, we’re running out of time and the outcome will be the same. Here’s historical proof that this can happen in America.
Suffice it to say that if you want to avoid, or at least insulate yourself from, living in a world of poverty, violence, and despair, consider how you can become more self reliant today.
- What will you do if commerce stops due to a currency collapse and the banks are closed- how will you buy food, medicine and bare essentials?
- Can you grow your own food or raise micro livestock?
- Do you have the ability to protect yourself at home or in public?
- What skills do you bring to the table that will be of use when the service industry in America collapses – what are you capable of producing?
- How prepared are you to sustain your family in the event of a hyperinflationary or hyperdeflationary collapse – what will you use to pay your monthly mortgage and bills if traditional currencies collapse or you lose your primary income stream?
All of these questions and many more should be at the top of your list of things to do right now.
Obviously, mainstream media, government and central bankers have been lying to us about the state of our economy and financial markets. Perhaps we are wrong.
But what will you do if we’re right?
Article source: Mac Slavo
Date: September 22nd, 2011
More interesting reading:
Fuelling a Food Crisis – new report on Peak Oil and food from … – An Evolving Exploration into the Head, Heart and Hands of Energy Descent.